The Manning Elementary School seeks an exceptional educator who is highly qualified and knowledgeable to join our community. At the Maning, we have an instructional focus on higher order thinking skills and an inclusion program that supports success for all of our children. Our small size allows us to develop meaningful relationships with students so that we can individualize our instructional strategies and students’ social development. The Manning School serves children in grades K0 - 5 in an inclusion setting. Our inclusion model focuses on students with emotional impairments.
We are seeking candidates who have experience making significant gains with academically diverse students and creating classroom environments that are welcoming to all students. We are also looking for candidates who have strong classroom management skills and high expectations for all students.
We are seeking a highly qualified 5th grade teacher for an inclusion classroom. The classroom is staffed with 2 teachers and 1 paraprofessional. We are seeking candidates who have licensure in Special Education and Elementary Education, experience working with children with emotional impairments and who possess ESL licensure. Please note that the school hours for the 2019 -20 year are 9:30 am - 4:10 pm.
The Manning Elementary School serves students with significant emotional disabilities in an inclusion classroom setting. We are looking for team members who are committed to working together to provide students with the supports that they need to make significant social/emotional and academic gains. Strong candidates must be able to execute elements of the IEP while at the same time designing instruction that helps students meet rigorous grade level standards. We are looking for staff who are flexible, able to take initiative and willing to jump in to assist whenever needed.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Headmaster
Teach: Elementary General Curriculum in a setting inclusive of students with Special Needs and English Language Learners (SEI)
Implement district learning goals and objectives, in alignment with state frameworks, having familiarity in identifying access points for student portfolio development.
Provide small-group instruction to students diagnosed with from moderate to severe cognitive delays to ensure understanding and progress in the general curriculum.
Write and implement goals and objectives consistent with student Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) and provide timely and regular progress reports on student development.
Provide needed accommodations for student learning and testing when required. If needed, develop and implement curriculum, and collect and analyze student work in preparation for MCAS Alternative Assessment to assure progress and development.
Collaborate as a team member within school building in supporting other staff members to respond to student needs for modification.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Using the Rubric of Effective Teaching, the Office of Human Capital has identified priority skills and abilities that all BPS teachers should possess:
(II-A-1. Quality of Effort and Work, II-D-2. High Expectations, I-B-2. Adjustments to Practice)
- Sets ambitious learning goals for all students, creates cognitively demanding tasks, and models the belief that that all students can master challenging material through effective effort
- Assesses students’ understanding regularly with ambitious learning goals in mind and takes ownership of making necessary adjustments to instruction to reach goals despite setbacks
- Passionate and optimistic about their students, their content, and the teaching profession
(I-A-1. Subject Matter Knowledge, I-A-4. Well-Structured Lessons)
- Demonstrates mastery of and enthusiasm for content area and the pedagogy it requires
- Demonstrates understanding for how the subject matter applies in real-world settings and connects to other content areas and relevant standards
- Can convey content in creative and engaging ways that align to standards
(II-A-3. Meeting Diverse Needs, II-A-2. Student Engagement, II-B-1. Safe Learning Environment)
- Scaffolds and differentiates instruction in order for all students to do complex thinking and rigorous academic work
- Uses instructional practices that are likely to challenge, motivate, and engage all students and facilitate equitable, active student participation
- Builds a productive learning environment where every student participates and is valued as part of the class community
(II-C-1. Respects Differences, II-C-2. Maintains Respectful Environment)
- Actively creates and maintains an environment in which students’ diverse backgrounds, identities, strengths, and challenges are respected
(III-A-1. Parent/Family Engagement)
- Engages with families and builds collaborative, respectful relationships with them in service of student learning
(IV-A-1. Reflective Practice, IV-C-1. Professional Collaboration)
- Regularly reflects on practice, seeks and responds to feedback, and demonstrates self-awareness and commitment to continuous learning and development
- Seeks to participate in and contribute to a collaborative adult learning community.
TERMS: BTU, Group I
Please refer to www.bostonpublicschools.org/ohc (under "Employee Benefits and Policies") for more information on salary and compensation. Salaries are listed by Unions and Grade/Step.
Next year, many BPS schools will have a longer school day through the "Schedule A" Extended Learning Time (ELT) agreement. To learn more about ELT at BPS and whether or not this school is a "Schedule A" ELT school, check here: bostonpublicschools.org/elt
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
The Public Schools of Brookline is seeking a high school student who is qualified to work as a Student Aide in a summer program for English learners in grades 3-5. Primary job responsibilities...
First Grade Teacher at Eliot School "Eliot fosters a love of learning in a community where everyone matters!" John Eliot is a K-5 elementary school that is home to 410 students and 75 staff...
General Description: Brookline Early Education Program (BEEP) seeks a highly qualified, DESE licensed PreKindergarten Teacher to teach an inclusive classrooms. Students enrolled in this inclusive...
At the Coolidge Corner School, we hold high expectations for each of our students, so it is right that we set the bar higher for ourselves as educators. That means teaching and leading from a...
QUALIFICATIONS: A highly qualified candidate will be state certified as a school librarian, have completed a teacher preparation program/ educational degree, and hold a master’s degree from a...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Eugene Thayer Campus of Framingham High School TITLE: School Nurse (0.2 FTE) 2019-2020 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To provide direct support to students by assisting...
The Public Schools of Brookline is seeking a high school student who is qualified to work as a...
First Grade Teacher at Eliot School "Eliot fosters a love of learning in a community where...
General Description: Brookline Early Education Program (BEEP) seeks a highly qualified, DESE...
At the Coolidge Corner School, we hold high expectations for each of our students, so it is...
QUALIFICATIONS: A highly qualified candidate will be state certified as a school librarian, have...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Eugene Thayer Campus of Framingham High School TITLE: School Nurse...