THIS IS A LONG TERM SUB POSITION that is expected to start on [expected start date] and end on [expected end date].
Please note, all substitute teachers are hired as per diem subs, even when placed in long term assignments. All substitutes begin at the per diem rate of pay. For further information about becoming a BPS sub please refer to our website (http://bostonpublicschools.org/Page/1095 ).
Boston Public Schools seeks an exceptional HISTORY/SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER with an SEI endorsement who is highly qualified and knowledgeable to join our community of teachers, learners and leaders. This is an exciting opportunity for teachers who desire to serve where their efforts matter. In BPS, the teachers and leaders are committed to the vision of high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools. BPS is a great place for those who seek to work in an environment that supports their creativity and innovation, and respects their skills and abilities as a teacher.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Headmaster
Teach: History in a high school SEI setting
- Implement the course as outlined by the BPS Learning Standards, pacing guides, and course guides,and curriculum maps.
- Be trained to implement the Interactive Student Notebook and the BPS Workshop Model of Instruction.
- Administer district mid-year and end-of-year assessments in accordance with district guidelines.
- Administer the Common Writing Assignments.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Using the Rubric of Effective Teaching, the Office of Human Capital has identified priority skills and abilities that all BPS teachers should possess:
(II-A-1. Quality of Effort and Work, II-D-2. High Expectations, I-B-2. Adjustments to Practice)
- Sets ambitious learning goals for all students, creates cognitively demanding tasks, and models the belief that that all students can master challenging material through effective effort
- Assesses students’ understanding regularly with ambitious learning goals in mind and takes ownership of making necessary adjustments to instruction to reach goals despite setbacks
- Passionate and optimistic about their students, their content, and the teaching profession
(I-A-1. Subject Matter Knowledge, I-A-4. Well-Structured Lessons)
- Demonstrates mastery of and enthusiasm for content area and the pedagogy it requires
- Demonstrates understanding for how the subject matter applies in real-world settings and connects to other content areas and relevant standards
- Can convey content in creative and engaging ways that align to standards
(II-A-3. Meeting Diverse Needs, II-A-2. Student Engagement, II-B-1. Safe Learning Environment)
- Scaffolds and differentiates instruction in order for all students to do complex thinking and rigorous academic work
- Uses instructional practices that are likely to challenge, motivate, and engage all students and facilitate equitable, active student participation
- Builds a productive learning environment where every student participates and is valued as part of the class community
(II-C-1. Respects Differences, II-C-2. Maintains Respectful Environment)
- Actively creates and maintains an environment in which students’ diverse backgrounds, identities, strengths, and challenges are respected
(III-A-1. Parent/Family Engagement)
- Engages with families and builds collaborative, respectful relationships with them in service of student learning
(IV-A-1. Reflective Practice, IV-C-1. Professional Collaboration)
- Regularly reflects on practice, seeks and responds to feedback, and demonstrates self-awareness and commitment to continuous learning and development
- Seeks to participate in and contribute to a collaborative adult learning community.
QUALIFICATIONS - PREFERRED:
Job Description: The Public Schools of Brookline seeks a Middle School Math Teacher for Grades 6/7 working at the Heath School. This is a full-time position. Duties include but are not limited...
BROOKLINE HIGH SCHOOL SEEKING A HIGH SCHOOL MATH TEACHER Job Description: The Public Schools of Brookline seeks a High School Math Teacher to work at Brookline High School. This is a full-time...
Job Description: The Driscoll School is seeking a 6th /7th grade English Language Arts teacher for fall 2020. The teacher will teach sections of both 6th and 7th grade ELA and will have...
Brookline Early Education Program (BEEP) seeks highly qualified DESE licensed Pre-Kindergarten & Preschool Teachers to teach in inclusive, early childhood classrooms. Students enrolled in these...
Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments (TVI) has the following roles and responsibilities: Has primary responsibility for specialized instruction and services required to meet the unique...
At the Florida Ruffin Ridley School, we are constantly striving to deliver the highest quality instruction for our students and maintain a community that values and honors each individual that...
Job Description: The Public Schools of Brookline seeks a Middle School Math Teacher for Grades...
BROOKLINE HIGH SCHOOL SEEKING A HIGH SCHOOL MATH TEACHER Job Description: The Public Schools of...
Job Description: The Driscoll School is seeking a 6th /7th grade English Language Arts teacher...
Brookline Early Education Program (BEEP) seeks highly qualified DESE licensed Pre-Kindergarten &...
Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments (TVI) has the following roles and...
At the Florida Ruffin Ridley School, we are constantly striving to deliver the highest quality...