Teacher - Moderate Disabilities/[SPED Learning Disabled] (SEI Endorsement Required)[Long-Term Substitute] (SY19-20)
THIS IS A LONG TERM SUB POSITION that is expected to start on 9/30/2019 and end on 2/24/2020.
Please note, all substitute teachers are hired as per diem subs, even when placed in long term assignments. All substitutes begin at the per diem rate of pay. For further information about becoming a BPS sub please refer to our website (http://bostonpublicschools.org/Page/1095 ).
The Edwards Middle School is seeking diverse educators looking to support students through our commitment to culturally responsive teaching and restorative practices. As an underperforming school, we seek educators who have demonstrated success with urban youth, and are focused on deep relationships with students and engaging standards-based lessons as a foundational elements of their practice. We look forward to meeting with educators aligned philosophically with our school vision!
Boston Public Schools seeks an exceptional SPECIAL EDUCATION (SpEd) Learning Disabled TEACHER with an SEI Endorsement who is highly qualified and knowledgeable to join our community of teachers, learners and leaders. This is an exciting opportunity for teachers who desire to serve where their efforts matter. In BPS, the teachers and leaders are committed to the vision of high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools. BPS is a great place for those who seek to work in an environment that supports their creativity and innovation, and respects their skills and abilities as a teacher.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Headmaster
Implement district learning goals and objectives, in alignment with state frameworks, having familiarity in identifying access points for student portfolio development.
Provide small-group instruction to students diagnosed with from moderate to severe cognitive delays to ensure understanding and progress in the general curriculum.
Write and implement goals and objectives consistent with student Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) and provide timely and regular progress reports on student development.
Provide needed accommodations for student learning and testing when required. If needed, develop and implement curriculum, and collect and analyze student work in preparation for MCAS Alternative Assessment to assure progress and development.
Collaborate as a team member within school building in supporting other staff members to respond to student needs for modification.
Provide assistance to transition to adult living services as appropriate.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Using the Rubric of Effective Teaching, the Office of Human Capital has identified priority skills and abilities that all BPS teachers should possess:
(II-A-1. Quality of Effort and Work, II-D-2. High Expectations, I-B-2. Adjustments to Practice)
- Sets ambitious learning goals for all students, creates cognitively demanding tasks, and models the belief that that all students can master challenging material through effective effort
- Assesses students’ understanding regularly with ambitious learning goals in mind and takes ownership of making necessary adjustments to instruction to reach goals despite setbacks
- Passionate and optimistic about their students, their content, and the teaching profession
(I-A-1. Subject Matter Knowledge, I-A-4. Well-Structured Lessons)
- Demonstrates mastery of and enthusiasm for content area and the pedagogy it requires
- Demonstrates understanding for how the subject matter applies in real-world settings and connects to other content areas and relevant standards
- Can convey content in creative and engaging ways that align to standards
(II-A-3. Meeting Diverse Needs, II-A-2. Student Engagement, II-B-1. Safe Learning Environment)
- Scaffolds and differentiates instruction in order for all students to do complex thinking and rigorous academic work
- Uses instructional practices that are likely to challenge, motivate, and engage all students and facilitate equitable, active student participation
- Builds a productive learning environment where every student participates and is valued as part of the class community
(II-C-1. Respects Differences, II-C-2. Maintains Respectful Environment)
- Actively creates and maintains an environment in which students’ diverse backgrounds, identities, strengths, and challenges are respected
(III-A-1. Parent/Family Engagement)
- Engages with families and builds collaborative, respectful relationships with them in service of student learning
(IV-A-1. Reflective Practice, IV-C-1. Professional Collaboration)
- Regularly reflects on practice, seeks and responds to feedback, and demonstrates self-awareness and commitment to continuous learning and development
- Seeks to participate in and contribute to a collaborative adult learning community.
TERMS: BTU, Group I
Please refer to www.bostonpublicschools.org/ohc (under "Employee Benefits and Policies") for more information on salary and compensation. Salaries are listed by Unions and Grade/Step.
Next year, many BPS schools will have a longer school day through the "Schedule A" Extended Learning Time (ELT) agreement. To learn more about ELT at BPS and whether or not this school is a "Schedule A" ELT school, check here: bostonpublicschools.org/elt.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
Job Description: Needham Public Schools seeks candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences to instruct students with special needs, in academic areas by implementing district approved...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Walsh Middle School TITLE: Two-Way Spanish Social Studies Teacher 2020 - 2021 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To provide direct Social Studies instruction in Spanish to...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS KING ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: Elementary Teacher 2020-2021 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To provide direct instruction to students in elementary level in order to deliver...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS King Elementary School TITLE: Elementary Teacher 2020-2021 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To provide direct instruction to students in elementary level in order to deliver...
Job Description: The Team Facilitator will ensure institutional excellence and high achievement for all students with disabilities. Duties include but are not limited to: Serves as the chairperson...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Stapleton ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: Elementary Teacher 2020-2021 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To provide direct instruction to students in elementary level in order to...
Job Description: Needham Public Schools seeks candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Walsh Middle School TITLE: Two-Way Spanish Social Studies Teacher 2020...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS KING ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: Elementary Teacher 2020-2021 School...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS King Elementary School TITLE: Elementary Teacher 2020-2021 School...
Job Description: The Team Facilitator will ensure institutional excellence and high achievement...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Stapleton ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: Elementary Teacher 2020-2021 School...