Boston Public Schools seeks an exceptional SPECIAL EDUCATION (SpEd) TEACHER and ESL TEACHER with SEI Endorsement who is highly qualified and knowledgeable to join our community of teachers, learners and leaders. This is an exciting opportunity for teachers who desire to serve where their efforts matter. In BPS, the teachers and leaders are committed to the vision of high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools. BPS is a great place for those who seek to work in an environment that supports their creativity and innovation, and respects their skills and abilities as a teacher.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Headmaster
- Implement district learning goals and objectives, in alignment with state frameworks, having familiarity in identifying access points for student portfolio development.
- Provide small group instruction to students diagnosed from moderate to severe cognitive delays to ensure understanding and progress in the general curriculum.
- Write and implement goals and objectives consistent with students Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and provide timely and regular progress reports on student development.
- Provide needed accommodations for student learning and testing when required. If needed develop and implement curriculum, collect and analyze student work in preparation for MCAS Alternative Assessment to assure progress and development.
- Collaborate as a team member within school building in supporting other staff members in responding to student's need for modification.
- Provide assistance to transition to adult living services as appropriate.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Using the Rubric of Specialized Instructional Support Personnel (SISP), the Office of Human Capital has identified priority skills and abilities that all BPS SISP should demonstrate.
(II-A-1 Quality of Effort and Work, II-D-2 High Expectations, I B-2 Adjustments to Practice)
- Sets ambitious learning goals for all students, uses instructional and clinical practices that reflect high expectations for students and student work; engages all students in learning.
- Consistently defines high expectations for student learning goals and behavior.
- Assesses student learning regularly using a variety of assessments to measure growth, and understanding.
- Effectively analyzes data from assessments, draws conclusions, and shares them appropriately.
(I-A-1 Professional Knowledge, I-A-2 Child Adolescent Development, I-A-3 Plan Development)
- Exhibits strong knowledge of child development and how students learn and behave, and designs effective and rigorous plans for support with measurable outcomes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of students’ developmental levels by providing differentiated learning experiences and support that enable all students to progress toward intended outcomes.
(II-A-3 Meeting Diverse Needs, II-A-2. Student Engagement, II-B-1. Safe Learning Environment, II-B-2 Collaborative Learning Environment, I-D-3 Access to Knowledge)
- Builds a productive learning environment where every student participates and is valued as part of the class community.
- Uses instructional and clinical practices that are likely to challenge, motivate and engage all students and facilitate active participation.
- Consistently adapts instruction, services, plans and assessments to make curriculum/ supports accessible to all students.
(II-C-1. Respects Differences, II-C-2. Maintains Respectful Environment)
- Actively creates and maintains an environment in which students’ diverse backgrounds, identities, strengths, and challenges are respected.
(III-A-1. Parent/Family Engagement, III-B-2. Collaboration)
- Engages with families and builds collaborative, respectful relationships with them in service of student learning.
- Consistently provides parents with clear expectations for student learning behavior and/or wellness and shares strategies to promote learning and development at school and home.
(IV-A-1. Reflective Practice, IV-C-1. Professional Collaboration, IV-C-2. Consultation)
- Regularly reflects on practice, seeks and responds to feedback, and demonstrates self-awareness and commitment to continuous learning and development.
- Consistently collaborates with colleagues through shared planning and/or informal conversation to analyze student performance and development, and to plan appropriate interventions at the classroom or school level.
- Regularly provides advice and expertise to general education teachers and the school community to support the creation of appropriate and effective academic, behavioral, and social/emotional learning experiences for students.
TERMS: BTU, Group I
Please refer to www.bostonpublicschools.org/ohc (under "Employee Benefits and Policies") for more information on salary and compensation. Salaries are listed by Unions and Grade/Step.
Next year, many BPS schools will have a longer school day through the "Schedule A" Extended Learning Time (ELT) agreement. To learn more about ELT at BPS and whether or not this school is a "Schedule A" ELT school, check here: bostonpublicschools.org/elt.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
Elementary Remote Learning Teacher - Full Year Position Position Type: Elementary School Teaching--Full-Time Remote Date Posted: 9/2/2020 Location: Grade 3 Teacher --Remote Academy- Full...
Job Description: The Runkle School is seeking a 7th/8th grade English Language Arts teacher for fall 2020 for a 1-year position. The teacher will teach sections of both 7th and 8th grade...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Barbieri Elementary School TITLE: Special Education Aide 2020-2021 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To assist student(s) with special needs under the direction of a...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Special Education Department TITLE: Special Education Aide 2020-2021 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To assist student(s) with special needs under the direction of a...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Dunning Elementary School TITLE: Special Education Aide 2020-2021 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To assist student(s) with special needs under the direction of a certified...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS FULLER MIDDLE SCHOOL TITLE: Special Education Aide 2020-2021 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To assist student(s) with special needs under the direction of a certified...
Elementary Remote Learning Teacher - Full Year Position Position Type: Elementary School...
Job Description: The Runkle School is seeking a 7th/8th grade English Language Arts teacher for...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Barbieri Elementary School TITLE: Special Education...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Special Education Department TITLE: Special Education...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Dunning Elementary School TITLE: Special Education...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS FULLER MIDDLE SCHOOL TITLE: Special Education Aide 2020-2021 School...