Teacher - Moderate Disabilities/Resource (SEI Endorsement Required) (Long-Term Substitute) (SY19-20)
THIS IS A LONG-TERM SUB POSITION that is expected to be vacanct from November 15, 2019 through February 5, 2019.
Boston Public Schools seeks an exceptional Long-Term Substitute SPECIAL EDUCATION (SpEd) TEACHER with SEI Endorsement who is highly qualified and knowledgeable to join our community of teachers, learners and leaders. A “Long Term Substitute” is assigned to fill the position of a teacher which is temporarily vacant and serves continuously in the same assignment in the same school. This is an exciting opportunity for teachers who desire to serve where their efforts matter. In BPS, the teachers and leaders are committed to the vision of high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools. BPS is a great place for those who seek to work in an environment that supports their creativity and innovation, and respects their skills and abilities as a teacher.
To be hired as a long-term substitute in Boston Public Schools, candidates must create an account via TalentEd, here . Please note, all substitute teachers are hired as per diem subs, even when placed in long term assignments. All substitutes begin at the per diem rate of pay. For further information about becoming a BPS sub please refer to our website here .
REPORTS TO: Principal/Headmaster
- Implement district learning goals and objectives, in alignment with state frameworks, having familiarity in identifying access points for student portfolio development.
- Provide small group instruction to students diagnosed from moderate to severe cognitive delays to ensure understanding and progress in the general curriculum.
- Write and implement goals and objectives consistent with students Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and provide timely and regular progress reports on student development.
- Provide needed accommodations for student learning and testing when required. If needed develop and implement curriculum, collect and analyze student work in preparation for MCAS Alternative Assessment to assure progress and development.
- Collaborate as a team member within school building in supporting other staff members in responding to student's need for modification.
- Provide assistance to transition to adult living services as appropriate.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Using the Rubric of Specialized Instructional Support Personnel (SISP), the Office of Human Capital has identified priority skills and abilities that all BPS SISP should demonstrate.
(II-A-1 Quality of Effort and Work, II-D-2 High Expectations, I B-2 Adjustments to Practice)
- Sets ambitious learning goals for all students, uses instructional and clinical practices that reflect high expectations for students and student work; engages all students in learning.
- Consistently defines high expectations for student learning goals and behavior.
- Assesses student learning regularly using a variety of assessments to measure growth, and understanding.
- Effectively analyzes data from assessments, draws conclusions, and shares them appropriately.
(I-A-1 Professional Knowledge, I-A-2 Child Adolescent Development, I-A-3 Plan Development)
- Exhibits strong knowledge of child development and how students learn and behave, and designs effective and rigorous plans for support with measurable outcomes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of students’ developmental levels by providing differentiated learning experiences and support that enable all students to progress toward intended outcomes.
(II-A-3 Meeting Diverse Needs, II-A-2. Student Engagement, II-B-1. Safe Learning Environment, II-B-2 Collaborative Learning Environment, I-D-3 Access to Knowledge)
- Builds a productive learning environment where every student participates and is valued as part of the class community.
- Uses instructional and clinical practices that are likely to challenge, motivate and engage all students and facilitate active participation.
- Consistently adapts instruction, services, plans and assessments to make curriculum/ supports accessible to all students.
(II-C-1. Respects Differences, II-C-2. Maintains Respectful Environment)
- Actively creates and maintains an environment in which students’ diverse backgrounds, identities, strengths, and challenges are respected.
(III-A-1. Parent/Family Engagement, III-B-2. Collaboration)
- Engages with families and builds collaborative, respectful relationships with them in service of student learning.
- Consistently provides parents with clear expectations for student learning behavior and/or wellness and shares strategies to promote learning and development at school and home.
(IV-A-1. Reflective Practice, IV-C-1. Professional Collaboration, IV-C-2. Consultation)
- Regularly reflects on practice, seeks and responds to feedback, and demonstrates self-awareness and commitment to continuous learning and development.
- Consistently collaborates with colleagues through shared planning and/or informal conversation to analyze student performance and development, and to plan appropriate interventions at the classroom or school level.
- Regularly provides advice and expertise to general education teachers and the school community to support the creation of appropriate and effective academic, behavioral, and social/emotional learning experiences for students.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
Job Description: The Public Schools of Brookline seeks a High School Math Teacher to work at Brookline High School (0.8 FTE) . This is long term sub position beginning on January 30, 2020 and...
Position: Classroom Teacher Under the general supervision of the School Principal, facilitates student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district...
ARLINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS METCO Academic Instructional Support Specialist Job Description 11/18/2019 The METCO Academic Support Specialist provides academic services are available to students in...
1st Grade Classroom Teacher (Long-term Substitute, March-End of Year), Public Schools of Brookline, 4 days1st Grade Classroom Teacher (Long-term Substitute, March-End of Year) In Brookline, our mission is to ensure that every student develops the skills and knowledge to pursue a productive and...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS HEMENWAY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: Special Education Aide 2019-2020 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To assist student(s) with special needs under the direction of a...
Job Description 1) Travel to students' local library or schools to conduct tutoring sessions. 2) Schedule tutoring appointments with students or their parents. 3) Use school-supplied textbooks,...
Job Description: The Public Schools of Brookline seeks a High School Math Teacher to work at...
Position: Classroom Teacher Under the general supervision of the School Principal, facilitates...
ARLINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS METCO Academic Instructional Support Specialist Job...
1st Grade Classroom Teacher (Long-term Substitute, March-End of Year), Public Schools of Brookline, 4 days1st Grade Classroom Teacher (Long-term Substitute, March-End of Year) In Brookline, our mission...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS HEMENWAY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: Special Education Aide 2019-2020...
Job Description 1) Travel to students' local library or schools to conduct tutoring sessions. 2)...