Teacher - Severe Disabilities/[Multiple Disabilities Sub Sep] Grades K0-K2 (SEI Endorsement Required) (SY19-20)
The Murphy School is seeking a Special Education teacher for a sub separate classroom of our students with Multiple Disabilities. . Our school is a diverse K-8 school with about 926 students with a wide array of learning needs. This classroom serves students in grades K0-K2 with severe disabilities. There can be up to 8 students in the classroom with 2 classroom paraprofessionals. This position requires a severe disabilities license. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked with this population of students and/or have worked with this age range. We are looking for a teacher who can work collaboratively with a team of teachers and a strand specialist as well as the two classroom paraprofessionals and any related service provider. There may be additional paraprofessional in the classroom based on the unique needs of the students.
Boston Public Schools seeks an exceptional SPECIAL EDUCATION/SEVERE DISABILITIES Multiple Disabilities Sub Sep TEACHER who is highly qualified and knowledgeable to join our community of teachers, learners and leaders. This is an exciting opportunity for teachers who desire to serve where their efforts matter. In BPS, the teachers and leaders are committed to the vision of high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools. BPS is a great place for those who seek to work in an environment that supports their creativity and innovation, and respects their skills and abilities as a teacher.
Reports to: Principal/Headmaster
Teach: Special Education Classroom
CORE COMPETENCIES: Using the Rubric of Effective Teaching, the Office of Human Capital has identified priority skills and abilities that all BPS teachers should possess:
(II-A-1. Quality of Effort and Work, II-D-2. High Expectations, I-B-2. Adjustments to Practice)
- Sets ambitious learning goals for all students, creates cognitively demanding tasks, and models the belief that that all students can master challenging material through effective effort
- Assesses students’ understanding regularly with ambitious learning goals in mind and takes ownership of making necessary adjustments to instruction to reach goals despite setbacks
- Passionate and optimistic about their students, their content, and the teaching profession
(I-A-1. Subject Matter Knowledge, I-A-4. Well-Structured Lessons)
- Demonstrates mastery of and enthusiasm for content area and the pedagogy it requires
- Demonstrates understanding for how the subject matter applies in real-world settings and connects to other content areas and relevant standards
- Can convey content in creative and engaging ways that align to standards
(II-A-3. Meeting Diverse Needs, II-A-2. Student Engagement, II-B-1. Safe Learning Environment)
- Scaffolds and differentiates instruction in order for all students to do complex thinking and rigorous academic work
- Uses instructional practices that are likely to challenge, motivate, and engage all students and facilitate equitable, active student participation
- Builds a productive learning environment where every student participates and is valued as part of the class community
(II-C-1. Respects Differences, II-C-2. Maintains Respectful Environment)
- Actively creates and maintains an environment in which students’ diverse backgrounds, identities, strengths, and challenges are respected
(III-A-1. Parent/Family Engagement)
- Engages with families and builds collaborative, respectful relationships with them in service of student learning
(IV-A-1. Reflective Practice, IV-C-1. Professional Collaboration)
- Regularly reflects on practice, seeks and responds to feedback, and demonstrates self-awareness and commitment to continuous learning and development
- Seeks to participate in and contribute to a collaborative adult learning community.
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED:
QUALIFICATIONS - PREFERRED:
Terms: BTU, Group I
Please refer to www.bostonpublicschools.org/ohc (under "Employee Benefits and Policies") for more information on salary and compensation. Salaries are listed by Unions and Grade/Step.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
A substitute teacher is responsible for providing instruction, managing the classroom environment and promoting student learning in the absence of the regular classroom teacher. Substitute...
The Public Schools of Brookline seek a highly qualified, DESE licensed PreKindergarten Teacher for an inclusive prekindergarten classroom (.85 contract) in their Early Education Program (BEEP). ...
Under the direction of the Classroom Teacher, the paraprofessional provides comprehensive direct care and instructional services for students with disabilities and functions as a member of the...
The Public Schools of Brookline seek paraprofessionals to work in an inclusive and special education preschool/prekindergarten classrooms sponsored by the Brookline Early Education Program (BEEP)....
The Coolidge Corner School is looking to fill a long term subsitute position in a Grade 1 classroom from September 2019 - November 2019. In Brookline, our mission is to ensure that every student...
Title: Teaching Assistant/Instructional Aide Reports to: Classroom Teacher Qualifications: High School diploma, Associates or Bachelor degree required. Experience working with children with...
A substitute teacher is responsible for providing instruction, managing the classroom...
The Public Schools of Brookline seek a highly qualified, DESE licensed PreKindergarten Teacher...
Under the direction of the Classroom Teacher, the paraprofessional provides comprehensive direct...
The Public Schools of Brookline seek paraprofessionals to work in an inclusive and special...
The Coolidge Corner School is looking to fill a long term subsitute position in a Grade 1...
Title: Teaching Assistant/Instructional Aide Reports to: Classroom Teacher Qualifications: High...