THIS IS A LONG TERM SUB POSITION that is expected to start on 10/1/2020 and end on 12/23/2020.
Please note, all substitute teachers are hired as per diem subs, even when placed in long term assignments. All substitutes begin at the per diem rate of pay. For further information about becoming a BPS sub please refer to our website (http://bostonpublicschools.org/Page/1095 ).
Boston Green Academy, an innovative "in-district" charter school within the Boston Public Schools, is seeking to hire committed, skilled, and inspiring educators. BGA is committed to preparing all students to succeed in college and 21st century careers and to be leaders in the sustainability of our community and world. Located in Brighton, BGA serves almost 500 students in grades 6-12.
Teachers and Staff Members at Boston Green Academy will:
- Focus intensely on increasing student achievement and life opportunities for all students, especially those who are at-risk or off-track
- Embrace BGA's mission as a green and sustainable school in all classes and school-wide activities
- Create inspiring, challenging, and effective teaching and learning experiences for all our students while being part of a strong professional learning community
- Be committed to serving all students, including English Language Learners and Students with Disabilities, in a maximum inclusion setting
Boston Green Academy seeks to hire a qualified and skilled Teacher of Students with Severe Disabilities to teach in our Learning for Independence (LFI) program. This program supports students with varied severe cognitive and/or physical disabilities in a separate setting with the goal of including them as much as possible in the life of the school and increasing their independence and skills so they can transition successfully from school to work or additional education. A license to teacher Students with Severe Disabilities-or an approved DESE waiver- is required.
Reports to: Principal/Headmaster
Teach: Special Education Classroom
CORE COMPETENCIES: Using the Rubric of Effective Teaching, the Office of Human Capital has identified priority skills and abilities that all BPS teachers should possess:
(II-A-1. Quality of Effort and Work, II-D-2. High Expectations, I-B-2. Adjustments to Practice)
- Sets ambitious learning goals for all students, creates cognitively demanding tasks, and models the belief that that all students can master challenging material through effective effort
- Assesses students’ understanding regularly with ambitious learning goals in mind and takes ownership of making necessary adjustments to instruction to reach goals despite setbacks
- Passionate and optimistic about their students, their content, and the teaching profession
(I-A-1. Subject Matter Knowledge, I-A-4. Well-Structured Lessons)
- Demonstrates mastery of and enthusiasm for content area and the pedagogy it requires
- Demonstrates understanding for how the subject matter applies in real-world settings and connects to other content areas and relevant standards
- Can convey content in creative and engaging ways that align to standards
(II-A-3. Meeting Diverse Needs, II-A-2. Student Engagement, II-B-1. Safe Learning Environment)
- Scaffolds and differentiates instruction in order for all students to do complex thinking and rigorous academic work
- Uses instructional practices that are likely to challenge, motivate, and engage all students and facilitate equitable, active student participation
- Builds a productive learning environment where every student participates and is valued as part of the class community
(II-C-1. Respects Differences, II-C-2. Maintains Respectful Environment)
- Actively creates and maintains an environment in which students’ diverse backgrounds, identities, strengths, and challenges are respected
(III-A-1. Parent/Family Engagement)
- Engages with families and builds collaborative, respectful relationships with them in service of student learning
(IV-A-1. Reflective Practice, IV-C-1. Professional Collaboration)
- Regularly reflects on practice, seeks and responds to feedback, and demonstrates self-awareness and commitment to continuous learning and development
- Seeks to participate in and contribute to a collaborative adult learning community.
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED:
QUALIFICATIONS - PREFERRED:
Terms: BTU, Substitutes
Please refer to www.bostonpublicschools.org/ohc (under "Employee Benefits and Policies") for more information on salary and compensation. Salaries are listed by Unions and Grade/Step.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
Elementary Remote Learning Teacher - Full Year Position Position Type: Elementary School Teaching--Full-Time Remote Date Posted: 9/2/2020 Location: Grade 3 Teacher --Remote Academy- Full...
Elementary Teacher at Eliot School - Full Year, Long Term Substitute, Needham Public Schools, 28 daysElementary Teacher at Eliot School - Full Year Long Term Substitute "Eliot fosters a love of learning in a community where everyone matters!" John Eliot is a K-5 elementary school that is home to...
1.0 Elementary Spanish Teacher, Long term substitute Position: The Needham Public Schools seeks outstanding applicants for the position of Spanish teacher at Broadmeadow Elementary School. The...
Anticipated: 0.6 Elementary Spanish Teacher (Long term Sub, Sept 14, 2020-Dec 18, 2020), Needham Public Schools, 21 daysAnticipated: 0.6 Elementary Spanish Teacher, Long term substitute Position: The Needham Public Schools seeks outstanding applicants for the position of elementary Spanish teacher. The successful...
1.0 Middle School Spanish Teacher, grades 7 & 8 Position: The Needham Public Schools seeks outstanding applicants for the position of Spanish teacher at Pollard Middle School. The successful...
Anticipated: High School Spanish Teacher (Full time position) Position Purpose Under the supervision of the Director of World Languages and School Principal: to develop high school students'...
Elementary Remote Learning Teacher - Full Year Position Position Type: Elementary School...
Elementary Teacher at Eliot School - Full Year, Long Term Substitute, Needham Public Schools, 28 daysElementary Teacher at Eliot School - Full Year Long Term Substitute "Eliot fosters a love of...
1.0 Elementary Spanish Teacher, Long term substitute Position: The Needham Public Schools seeks...
Anticipated: 0.6 Elementary Spanish Teacher (Long term Sub, Sept 14, 2020-Dec 18, 2020), Needham Public Schools, 21 daysAnticipated: 0.6 Elementary Spanish Teacher, Long term substitute Position: The Needham Public...
1.0 Middle School Spanish Teacher, grades 7 & 8 Position: The Needham Public Schools seeks...
Anticipated: High School Spanish Teacher (Full time position) Position Purpose Under the...