Teacher - Vocational Tech [Medical Assisting Instructor] [0.5 FTE, PART-TIME] (Long Term Substitute)(SY20-21)
THIS IS A LONG TERM SUB POSITION that is expected to start immediately and go through the end of the school year.
Please note, all substitute teachers are hired as per diem subs, even when placed in long term assignments. All substitutes begin at the per diem rate of pay. For further information about becoming a BPS sub please refer to our website (http://bostonpublicschools.org/Page/1095 ).
Boston International High School is a specially designed high school that serves immigrant students in a trauma informed, culturally and linguistically sustaining environment. We maintain high expectations for all learners while providing a system of supports that facilitates each student’s success. We are seeking candidates who are committed to student centered learning in a vibrant learning atmosphere that builds on student’s strengths.
Boston International High School seeks an exceptional Vocational Teacher - CH 74 MEDICAL ASSISTING INSTRUCTOR who is highly qualified and knowledgeable to join our community of teachers, learners, and leaders. This is an exciting opportunity for a teacher who desires to serve where their efforts will make a difference in the lives of urban youth. In BPS, the teachers and leaders are committed to the vision of high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools. BPS is a great place for those who seek to work in an environment that supports their creativity and innovation, and respects their skills and abilities as a teacher.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Headmaster
The Medical Assisting Teacher will be comfortable using classroom and lab instruction to support students to gain proficiency in the MA CTE Medical Assisting Vocational Frameworks including safety and all industry-related standards. The Program will incorporate interdisciplinary and project-based learning and must have a Community Based/Clinical work based learning component.
- Creatively provide an interdisciplinary course of study that incorporates state curricular frameworks
- Deliver content through discrete instruction, demonstration, practice, and projects
- Instruct students in safety and all industry related curriculum materials
- Instruct students in all aspects of the industry
- Maintain records as required by the school, district, or state
- Build and maintain partnerships that assist in getting students into authentic learning experiences
- Participate in team meetings /curriculum development/and professional development activities that support student achievement and program and school functioning
- Share in administrative duties as determined by the Headmaster or designee
- Perform other related duties as requested by Headmaster
CORE COMPETENCIES: Using the Rubric of Effective Teaching, the Office of Human Capital has identified priority skills and abilities that all BPS teachers should possess:
(II-A-1. Quality of Effort and Work, II-D-2. High Expectations, I-B-2. Adjustments to Practice)
- Sets ambitious learning goals for all students, creates cognitively demanding tasks, and models the belief that that all students can master challenging material through effective effort
- Assesses students’ understanding regularly with ambitious learning goals in mind and takes ownership of making necessary adjustments to instruction to reach goals despite setbacks
- Passionate and optimistic about their students, their content, and the teaching profession
(I-A-1. Subject Matter Knowledge, I-A-4. Well-Structured Lessons)
- Demonstrates mastery of and enthusiasm for content area and the pedagogy it requires
- Demonstrates understanding for how the subject matter applies in real-world settings and connects to other content areas and relevant standards
- Can convey content in creative and engaging ways that align to standards
(II-A-3. Meeting Diverse Needs, II-A-2. Student Engagement, II-B-1. Safe Learning Environment)
- Scaffolds and differentiates instruction in order for all students to do complex thinking and rigorous academic work
- Uses instructional practices that are likely to challenge, motivate, and engage all students and facilitate equitable, active student participation
- Builds a productive learning environment where every student participates and is valued as part of the class community
(II-C-1. Respects Differences, II-C-2. Maintains Respectful Environment)
- Actively creates and maintains an environment in which students’ diverse backgrounds, identities, strengths, and challenges are respected
(III-A-1. Parent/Family Engagement)
- Engages with families and builds collaborative, respectful relationships with them in service of student learning
(IV-A-1. Reflective Practice, IV-C-1. Professional Collaboration)
- Regularly reflects on practice, seeks and responds to feedback, and demonstrates self-awareness and commitment to continuous learning and development
- Seeks to participate in and contribute to a collaborative adult learning community.
Terms: BTU, Substitutes
Please refer to www.bostonpublicschools.org/ohc (under "Employee Benefits and Policies") for more information on salary and compensation. Salaries are listed by Unions and Grade/Step.
The start and end times of BPS schools vary, as do the lengths of the school day. Some BPS schools have a longer school day through the "Schedule A" Expanded Learning Time (ELT) agreement. To learn more about ELT at BPS and whether or not this school is a "Schedule A" ELT school, check here: bostonpublicschools.org/elt. To see the bell schedule for every BPS school, go to: https://www.bostonpublicschools.org/Page/6571 .
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
Job Description: The Driscoll School is seeking a 6th /7th grade English Language Arts teacher for a long term substitute position starting 4/1/21- the end of the 2020-2021 school year. The...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Follow us on Linkedin LOCATION: St. Bridget School Title I Tutor TITLE: Academic Tutor POSITION SUMMARY: Help students develop good study and learning habits while...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Cameron Middle School TITLE: Long Term Substitute: Special Education Teacher From February 22, 2021, through April 16, 2021 POSITION SUMMARY : To provide direct...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS BROPHY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: Dual Language (TW) Spanish Elementary Teacher 2021-2022 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To provide direct instruction to students at the...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS POTTER ROAD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: Dual Language (TW) Portuguese Elementary Teacher 2021-2022 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To provide direct instruction in Portuguese...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS WOODROW WILSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: Dual Language (TW) English Elementary Teacher 2021-2022 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To provide direct instruction to students...
Job Description: The Driscoll School is seeking a 6th /7th grade English Language Arts teacher...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Follow us on Linkedin LOCATION: St. Bridget School Title...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS Cameron Middle School TITLE: Long Term Substitute: Special Education...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS BROPHY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: Dual Language (TW) Spanish Elementary...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS POTTER ROAD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: Dual Language (TW) Portuguese...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS WOODROW WILSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: Dual Language (TW) English...