Direct and manage the agricultural science program for assigned campus. Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Valid teaching certificate appropriate for teaching assignment (Agriculture Education)
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Driving record must satisfy district standards for transporting students
- Hold a CDL with school bus endorsement or be willing to obtain one within the first year of employment
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Knowledge of agricultural science and FFA best practices (prior teaching/student teaching experience preferred)
- Ability to obtain industry certifications related to courses taught, as needed
- Ability to prepare students to take and pass industry certification exams related to the ag industry
- Ability to facilitate a Program of Activities (POA) that aligns with the requirements for students to earn their FFA degrees (Greenhand, Chapter, and Lone Star)
- Ability to coordinate and execute all responsibilities related to the annual Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Livestock Show
- Ability to supervise agricultural field experiences/projects
- Ability to manage the raising of livestock projects at the District/Booster Club animal housing facilities and other off-site locations
- Ability to collaborate with other ag teachers and ag administration to manage and maintain District/Booster Club animal housing facilities utilized by your campus
- Ability to train and travel with multiple LDE, CDE, and SDE teams
- Ability to work seamlessly with an FFA Booster Club
- Ability to provide professional communication with students, parents, community members, staff, and all other stakeholders at all times
- Ability to follow guidelines related to money handling, equipment/supply inventory, and use of District or District-rented vehicles
- Ability to work extended hours – including nights, weekends, and summer
Terms of Employment:
Probationary/Term Contract: 220 days
Pay Grade T60 (Teacher Classification) as approved by the Board of Trustees
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function
- Additional hours outside of the regular school day are required (evenings, weekends, summer)
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for approved extracurricular activities or outside activities for which you are the sponsor.
- Be a positive role model for students and support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the district’s Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Transport and supervise students at all off-campus activities including contests, workshops, and field trips associated with the agricultural science program and FFA.
- Oversee maintenance of program related facilities and equipment, including your classroom/shop area and the District/Booster Club animal housing facilities.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communications with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
Budget and Inventory
- Develop and administer budget based on documented program needs and ensure that operations are cost effective and funds are managed wisely.
- Coordinate fundraising activities and manage funds.
- Maintain current inventory of all fixed assets related to the program.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
Professional Growth and Development:
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations related to the content area assigned.
- Direct the work of assigned instructional aide(s), if assigned
MENTAL DEMANDS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
- Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals, standard instructional equipment; equipment standard to an agricultural shop/livestock program
- Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Frequent walking; repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of a mouse; overhead reaching
- Lifting: Occasional heavy lifting (45 pounds and over); may lift and move agriculture equipment and animals
- Environment: Work outside and inside; exposure to extreme temperatures (hot, cold, and inclement weather), humidity, and prolonged sunlight; exposure to biological hazards; work around machinery with moving parts; work around moving objects or vehicles; work on uneven or slippery surfaces; work around animals; may work alone; frequent districtwide and statewide travel
- Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
Applications will be reviewed.
Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
BECOME A TEACHER IN TEXAS:
JOB SUMMARY The Director of Special Education is responsible for direct administrative supervision over all services and programs associated with the education of students with disabilities in...
Working Title Student Success Director (Two Positions) Role Title Job Open Date 01/04/2021 Job Close Date Jobs close at 11:59pm EST/EDT. 01/29/2021 Job Type Detail Definition Is this position...
Working Title Training and Assessment Coordinator Role Title Job Open Date 01/15/2021 Job Close Date Jobs close at 11:59pm EST/EDT. 01/29/2021 Job Type Detail Definition Is this position funded in...
Outpatient Community Based Psychologists offer a broad range of evidence-based services to our Nations Veterans. Duties include individual and group psychotherapy, crisis intervention, assessment,...
Lead Associate Veterinarian - $20,000 Signing Bonus/Relocation Assistance, Animal Medical Center of Cypress, 26 daysWelcome home to Animal Medical Center and Bed, Bath and Biscuit in Cypress, TX! We are a full-service veterinary clinic, pet resort, and spa whose mission is to provide the highest standard of...
As a Licensed Provider for the Department of Veterans Affairs, you will practice independently in the provision of psychological services, engage in professional and scientific work which relates...
JOB SUMMARY The Director of Special Education is responsible for direct administrative...
Working Title Student Success Director (Two Positions) Role Title Job Open Date 01/04/2021 Job...
Working Title Training and Assessment Coordinator Role Title Job Open Date 01/15/2021 Job Close...
Outpatient Community Based Psychologists offer a broad range of evidence-based services to our...
Lead Associate Veterinarian - $20,000 Signing Bonus/Relocation Assistance, Animal Medical Center of Cypress, 26 daysWelcome home to Animal Medical Center and Bed, Bath and Biscuit in Cypress, TX! We are...
As a Licensed Provider for the Department of Veterans Affairs, you will practice independently...