Teacher-Social Studies and Moderate Disabilities/Inclusion, Gr. 8 (SEI Endorsement Required)[Anticipated Vacancy] (SY19-20)
This position is an anticipated vacancy. It is expected to be vacant by08/31/2019. However, the current incumbent has a right to rescind their retirement, leave, or resignation up until the day of the expected vacancy date. Your hire will not be confirmed until the position is vacated, and you may start the year as a Long-Term Substitute if the position does not become vacant by the start of the school year.
The Edwards Middle School is seeking diverse educators looking to support students through our commitment to culturally responsive teaching and restorative practices. As an underperforming school, we seek educators who have demonstrated success with urban youth, and are focused on deep relationships with students and engaging standards-based lessons as a foundational elements of their practice. We look forward to meeting with educators aligned philosophically with our school vision!
Boston Public Schools seeks an exceptional MIDDLE SCHOOL SPECIAL EDUCATION SOCIAL STUDIES INCLUSION (SpEd) TEACHER who is highly qualified and knowledgeable to join our community of teachers, learners and leaders. This is an exciting opportunity for teachers who desire to serve where their efforts matter. In BPS, the teachers and leaders are committed to the vision of high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools. BPS is a great place for those who seek to work in an environment that supports their creativity and innovation, and respects their skills and abilities as a teacher.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Headmaster
- Implement district learning goals and objectives, in alignment with state frameworks, having familiarity in identifying access points for student portfolio development.
- Provide small group instruction to students diagnosed from moderate to severe cognitive delays to ensure understanding and progress in the general curriculum.
- Write and implement goals and objectives consistent with student's Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and provide timely and regular progress reports on student development.
- Provide needed accommodations for student learning and testing when required. If needed develop and implement curriculum, collect and analyze student work in preparation for MCAS Alternative Assessment to assure progress and development.
- Collaborate as a team member within school building in supporting other staff members in responding to student's need for modification.
- Provide assistance to transition to adult living services as appropriate.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Using the Rubric of Effective Teaching, the Office of Human Capital has identified priority skills and abilities that all BPS teachers should possess:
(II-A-1. Quality of Effort and Work, II-D-2. High Expectations, I-B-2. Adjustments to Practice)
- Sets ambitious learning goals for all students, creates cognitively demanding tasks, and models the belief that that all students can master challenging material through effective effort
- Assesses students’ understanding regularly with ambitious learning goals in mind and takes ownership of making necessary adjustments to instruction to reach goals despite setbacks
- Passionate and optimistic about their students, their content, and the teaching profession
(I-A-1. Subject Matter Knowledge, I-A-4. Well-Structured Lessons)
- Demonstrates mastery of and enthusiasm for content area and the pedagogy it requires
- Demonstrates understanding for how the subject matter applies in real-world settings and connects to other content areas and relevant standards
- Can convey content in creative and engaging ways that align to standards
(II-A-3. Meeting Diverse Needs, II-A-2. Student Engagement, II-B-1. Safe Learning Environment)
- Scaffolds and differentiates instruction in order for all students to do complex thinking and rigorous academic work
- Uses instructional practices that are likely to challenge, motivate, and engage all students and facilitate equitable, active student participation
- Builds a productive learning environment where every student participates and is valued as part of the class community
(II-C-1. Respects Differences, II-C-2. Maintains Respectful Environment)
- Actively creates and maintains an environment in which students’ diverse backgrounds, identities, strengths, and challenges are respected
(III-A-1. Parent/Family Engagement)
- Engages with families and builds collaborative, respectful relationships with them in service of student learning
(IV-A-1. Reflective Practice, IV-C-1. Professional Collaboration)
- Regularly reflects on practice, seeks and responds to feedback, and demonstrates self-awareness and commitment to continuous learning and development
- Seeks to participate in and contribute to a collaborative adult learning community.
TERMS: BTU, Group I
Please refer to www.bostonpublicschools.org/ohc (under "Employee Benefits and Policies") for more information on salary and compensation. Salaries are listed by Unions and Grade/Step.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
Under the direction of the Classroom Teacher, the paraprofessional provides comprehensive direct care and instructional services for students with disabilities and functions as a member of the...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS CAMERON MIDDLE SCHOOL TITLE: Bridge Counselor 2019-2020 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To support students in need of intensive supports to return to or transition into...
The Student Intervention Team (SIT) is an interdisciplinary, collaborative, problem-solving team that supports at-risk students by working with their teachers and support staff to develop and...
The Coolidge Corner School is looking to fill a long term subsitute position in a Grade 1 classroom from September 2019 - November 2019. In Brookline, our mission is to ensure that every student...
A substitute teacher is responsible for providing instruction, managing the classroom environment and promoting student learning in the absence of the regular classroom teacher. Substitute...
Job Description: The Coolidge Corner School is looking for a Long Term Substitute for our Grade 8 Science classes from Mid-October 2019 until June 2020. Brookline Science teachers teach via...
Under the direction of the Classroom Teacher, the paraprofessional provides comprehensive direct...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS CAMERON MIDDLE SCHOOL TITLE: Bridge Counselor 2019-2020 School...
The Student Intervention Team (SIT) is an interdisciplinary, collaborative, problem-solving team...
The Coolidge Corner School is looking to fill a long term subsitute position in a Grade 1...
A substitute teacher is responsible for providing instruction, managing the classroom...
Job Description: The Coolidge Corner School is looking for a Long Term Substitute for our Grade...