This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-14. At the GS-13 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-14. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds
The principle responsibility of this position is for the implementation for the Federal Technology Transfer Act (FTTA) of 1986. The major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilizes an industry background and knowledge of business practices and procedures in serving the technology transfer customer service needs of the laboratories in VHA medical centers throughout the country;
- Utilizes expert knowledge in biomedical technologies, knowledge of industry needs and practices to work closely with industrial, academic, and federal scientists to:
- Identify potentially patentable inventions that result from work performed at VA;
- Develop and implement marketing plans to identify prospective industry development partners for VA owned inventions;
- Use a variety of resources to analyze the business practices and financials of interested prospective business partners;
- Use analysis results together with knowledge of industry needs and practices to develop negotiating strategies for the negotiation of business terms, including product development objectives and financial terms for the licensure of VA owned inventions;
- Lead negotiations of patent licensing agreements, with legal assistance of Office of General Counsel (OGS);
- Monitor the activities of licensees after execution of licenses, to ensure compliance with license provisions, adequate development progress, and proper payments to VA;
- Negotiates amendments to existing patient licensing agreements when justified by circumstance;
- Advises VA's non-profit corporations (NPC) and OGC in originating and drafting business and patent terms for complex Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAS).
- Manages agreements assigned to the portfolio; and develops and conducts educational programs designed to train staff about technology transfer issues such as invention disclosures, patents, licensing, etc.
- Advises investigators and administrators in VA medical centers and Office of Research and Development, on matters involving both domestic and foreign patent rights, policies and procedures.
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives:
Financial Disclosure Report:
Tamr is the enterprise-scale data unification company trusted by industry leaders like GE, Toyota, Thomson Reuters, and GSK. The company’s patented software platform uses machine learning...
Lead Consultant, Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineer (ID# 46851) Arlington, VA Category: Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 8+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job...
Mid-Senior Traffic Engineer (ID# 46914) Herndon, VA Category: Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in projects...
Working Title Deputy District Engineer - Planning, Design and Construction Role Title Arch/Engring Mgr III - 39055 Job Open Date 11/23/2020 Job Close Date Jobs close at 11:59pm...
Working Title Information Technology Support Specialist Senior Role Title Info Technology Specialist II - 39112 Job Open Date 11/30/2020 Job Close Date Jobs close at 11:59pm...
Req ID: 106918 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Tamr is the enterprise-scale data unification company trusted by industry leaders like GE,...
Lead Consultant, Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineer (ID# 46851) Arlington,...
Mid-Senior Traffic Engineer (ID# 46914) Herndon, VA Category: Engineering Job Type: Full...
Working Title Deputy District Engineer - Planning, Design and Construction Role...
Working Title Information Technology Support Specialist Senior Role Title Info Technology...
Req ID: 106918 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...