Office Location: Houston, TX (HOU), United States
Travel Required: 0%
Start Date: 30/04/2018
The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Ocean Freight, Air Freight and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 80 countries, and employs around 15,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire an TEMP - Ocean Export Customer Service Agent to serve as a point of contact for the customer and documentation processing staff, ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Receive and validate customer order
- Issue shipment handling instructions to Document Processing staff
- Reserve HAWB number
- Arrange for pick-up/transfer of cargo
- Answer all customer inquiries in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards
- Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact
- Establish customer communication preference, i.e., phone, e-mail, fax, visit
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
- Serve as a liaison between Document Processing and customer regarding all shipment details
- Provide accurate job costing forecast
- Assist Sales in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
- Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations
- Other related duties as required to meet customerand organizational objectives
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary vocational training or Bachelor's degree in industry-relevant major is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of freight forwarding and related regulatory trade compliance
- Minimum of three (3) years demonstrated successful track record in Supply Chain Management
- Knowledge of Panalpina products and features
- Working knowledge of local market (customers, competitors, suppliers)
- Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of Panalpina strategy, structure and pricing
- Prior success delivering results in a similar customer and deadline-driven global environment
- Customer-focused and effective problem solver
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with Internal and External customers
- Delivers results while embracing change, generating new ideas, and adhering to principles and values
- Demonstrates good judgment and ability to make decisions
- Successfully manages competing priorities and completes individual tasks and as part of the Team
- Willingness to learn and take responsibility for self-development
- Proficient in Panalpina forwarding, web-based, and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English in a professional business environment
- Due to Panalpina's global presence and customer base, fluency in foreign languages is highly desirable
Specifics for Job / Environment
- The position is located in Houston, TX (HOU)
- Work is performed in a professional business environment
- Due to fluctuating customer and business requirements must be willing to frequently work overtime, including holidays and weekends
- The duties listed above are intended as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and are subject to change
- In order to be considered for this position you must apply online
- Applications outside of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered, unless otherwise noted in job posting
Panalpina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Assembler BE Hous - 1810428 Job Duties Assemblers typically work in a team environment, reading instructions and assembling products or pieces of products. This can include testing sub-assembled...
With the variety of duties you’ll perform from day to day, you’ll constantly be on the go and never bored. You’ll deliver products safely and on time to multiple stops daily. Additional...
Warehouse Associate - WD30053930271 What you will do Receive all daily shipments being delivered to the building. Coordinate all daily shipments being picked up from the building. Log and report...
Warehouse Worker( Job Number: 1811689) Description Position Summary: Penske Logistics is looking for warehouse associates to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for...
Our client is building a fleet of offshore modular desal plants that harness proven state of the art technologies to desalinate water at sea in an environmentally-sound fashion using subsea...
Job Search en (US) es (MX) Login / Register We are now hiring Req #714 Transportation Business Analyst-Administration Supply Chain Salary FT Wednesday, October 10, 2018 At NCI, our strength and...
Assembler BE Hous - 1810428 Job Duties Assemblers typically work in a team environment, reading...
With the variety of duties you’ll perform from day to day, you’ll constantly be on the go and...
Warehouse Associate - WD30053930271 What you will do Receive all daily shipments being delivered...
Warehouse Worker( Job Number: 1811689) Description Position Summary: Penske Logistics is looking...
Our client is building a fleet of offshore modular desal plants that harness proven state of the...
Job Search en (US) es (MX) Login / Register We are now hiring Req #714 Transportation Business...