The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA.
We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem-solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!Responsibilities
- Deliver test design, test execution, test library maintenance, and test closure results through both manual and automated Grey-box test approaches
- Develop test plans with a strategic selection of test methodologies, including but not limited to data validation, regression testing, integration testing, and performance/load testing
- Partner with other developers in the creation of requirements so that they can be eﬀectively tested
- Responsible for adhering to department SLAs within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test-related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Ensure deployment stability across all environments
- Research, recommend, and adopt tools as needed with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation
- Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly and thoroughly identify and test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
- Help others develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training and constructive feedback
- Represent Blizzard through public-facing quality assurance activities
- Advocate of the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (or ~3 years of equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in software testing
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, speciﬁcally QA processes in agile and waterfall development environments
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and action on data sets and complex workflows
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) or equivalent
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies
- Passion for games and software quality
- White box testing experience
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL) or equivalent
- High-level of Overwatch knowledge and/or skill
- Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of...
Date Posted: 2019-08-30-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: HCA11: Brea H&W 2727 Imperial Highway, Brea, CA, 92821 USA The Electronics Assembly & Test Technician will build and test...
Date Posted: 2019-08-28-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: HCA11: Brea H&W 2727 Imperial Highway, Brea, CA, 92821 USA Assembly/Test Technician Job Description: • Learn to set up and...
Embedded Engineer - microcontroller coder, 1 to 2 years experience to support electronics product company. ITAR requirement so a US Person candidates needed. Looking for a self-driven and...
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum...
Description: Under direct supervision, perform arrhythmia or ECG monitor observations on assigned shift & communicates changes to the nursing staff. Essential Functions: - Obtain, compile, prepare...
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent...
Date Posted: 2019-08-30-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: HCA11: Brea H&W 2727...
Date Posted: 2019-08-28-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: HCA11: Brea H&W 2727...
Embedded Engineer - microcontroller coder, 1 to 2 years experience to support electronics...
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or...
Description: Under direct supervision, perform arrhythmia or ECG monitor observations on...