Virginia Beach, VIRGINIA | 17 days | Deadline: 26 Jan 2021
Testing Center Specialist (Two Positions)
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Jobs close at 11:59pm EST/EDT.
Job Type Detail
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?
$10.86 - $12.00 per hour, part-time
Tidewater Community College (295)
Click Here to Apply
Virginia Beach - 810
Job Posting Number
Does this position have telework options?
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference
Type of Recruitment
General Public - G
This recruitment is to fill two Testing Center Specialist positions on the Virginia Beach Campus. The Testing Center Assistant will support the overall operations and core testing functions of the Testing Center on the Virginia Beach Campus with a mission of service to students, faculty, staff, employers and community members.
- Administer comprehensive testing and support the core testing functions of the Virginia Beach Campus. Core testing functions include Virginia Placement Test, ACCUPLACER ESL, Distance Learning, IT Challenge exam, Nursing HESI A2, Nursing NACE, Nursing NHA, NAS2 Challenge exam, CLEP, TCC faculty makeup exams, online/hybrid course exams, testing for Office of Educational Accessibility, and exams from VCCS institutions and other college/universities, and others.
- Provide support to Student Services departments such as Welcome & Entry Services, Counseling, and Office of Educational Accessibility, and others as needed.
- Actively participate in registration activities and on and off-campus recruiting community events.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external constituents in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Promptly answers telephone calls, emails, and in-person inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and any other customer.
- Administer test on and off-campus.
- Compile statistical data for assessment reports.
- Maintain daily operation of Testing Center to include: preparing lab computers, cameras, & reference sheets, scheduling student appointments, preparing for appointments, seating students for testing, mailroom box, and other files as needed in accordance with TCC/VCCS policy.
- Obtain necessary credentials to administer necessary tests to students or other customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of college admission policies, procedures, and programs of study
- Knowledge of student information systems; PeopleSoft preferred
- Knowledge of effective customer service techniques both in person and in an automated environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with administrators, faculty, and staff
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with a diverse public
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Demonstrated skill with operating a PC and experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Ability to obtain necessary certifications for testing center during work hours within one month of employment
- Experience in student development and assessment services in a college or university
- Knowledge of assessment screening principles and measures
- Knowledge of state and federal policies regarding FERPA regulations
- Associate Degree
Special Instructions to Applicants
Optional Applicant Documents
Required Applicant Documents
Engineering Coordination Manager (ID# 46734) Virginia Beach, VA Category: Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 10 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved...
Engineering Coordinator (ID# 46731) Virginia Beach, VA Category: Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 5 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in projects...
Req ID: 111134 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Engineering Coordination Manager (ID# 46734) Virginia Beach, VA Category: Engineering Job...
Engineering Coordinator (ID# 46731) Virginia Beach, VA Category: Engineering Job Type: Full...
Req ID: 111134 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...