The User Experience Architect (UXA) delivers a market-differentiating, best-in-class information architecture for an assigned product work stream. This role requires the UXA to demonstrate a user-centered design focus, and the capability to architect information frameworks that measurably enhance customer-facing digital experiences and achieve our fundamental business objectives of increased shareholder value and customer satisfaction. The UXA is expected to fulfill key customer experience and business objectives by consistently leveraging our existing pattern library to translate given user requirements into a well-thought digital experience that (1) reflects a balanced execution of a defined customer experience strategy (or conceptual design), core business objectives and technical platform considerations; and (2) is articulated through wireframes, interactive prototypes and just enough documentation to effectively communicate the architectural design.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
75% Create user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes and UI documentation. This includes participating in requirements visualizations, design studios, ideation sessions and other participatory design activities typically embodied within a collaborative, iterative UX design environment
15% Maintain strong relationships with product management, development and other critical partners across all phases of the product development lifecycle
10% Provide on-going quality assurance support to ensure the successful implementation of the designed UX
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Manager, User Experience
No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
B.S. or B.A. in Engineering Psychology, Industrial Design, Computer Science, or other related technology degree
- M.S. or M.A. or otherwise strong academic exposure to the rich body of both theory and practice of Human- Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Usability Engineering, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, or related discipline
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in designing usable, web-based interfaces, acquired while positioned as a UX Architect/Analyst, Usability Engineer, Human Factors Practitioner, Interaction Designer, or Information Architect
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
-Experience working in a collaborative, cross-functional team; consistently demonstrating effective management of shifting priorities, delivering thorough work products, and meeting project deadlines
- Solid background in information visualization, including information architecture, user flow/interaction modeling, node-based and tagged taxonomy development and other information-related frameworks and methodologies
- Detailed-oriented nature, with solid experience developing low to medium-fidelity wireframes and interactive prototypes, augmented as necessary with clear annotations of UI control behavior, to hand off to front and back-end development and quality assurance teams
- Solid experience developing, extending and applying detailed user interface specifications, UI pattern libraries, reusable GUI components, content inventories, and design guidelines for ecommerce websites and/or mobile ecommerce applications, delivered in waterfall and/or Agile software development cycles
- Solid experience employing a variety of user-centered iterative design methodologies and objective evaluation techniques (e.g., requirements visualization, participatory design, contextual inquiry, rapid contextual design, etc.)
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, a passion for continuous improvement and an unwavering commitment to excellence and timeliness of solution delivery
- Strong teamwork, and verbal/written communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are currently seeking an Interior Designer to join our team for 4 months. This temporary position will require approximately 40 hours per week and is not a benefit eligible position. As an...
The incumbent will be responsible for coordination of space planning of new and existing spaces, clinics and sites of care as well as with all the associated activation team planning and move...
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is responsible for providing support for customers (users), and assigned applications and/or information systems, including software...
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the...
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering...
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by...
We are currently seeking an Interior Designer to join our team for 4 months. This temporary...
The incumbent will be responsible for coordination of space planning of new and existing spaces,...
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is responsible for providing...
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for...
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory...
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team...