Full Time | Centennial, WYOMING | 4 months
This position may have expired!
User Experience Prototyper - (1905852)
Pearson is transforming itself into a truly digital education company, and to support the core strategy of improving learning outcomes through world class content and assessment, we are seeking an experienced User Experience Prototyper to join our our team of designers and researchers. We’re looking for that unique candidate who bridges all the worlds that are part of the software and product development lifecycle. Someone who is a creative thinker and has a passion for crafting the best experiences we can offer. Someone who is obsessed with the user and getting the best experience possible in their hands.
Candidates will be able to determine the best medium for each prototype based on its primary purpose. These solutions will range from highly iterative paper prototypes and click-throughs for rapid exploration to more developed fully functioning prototypes for presentation and handoff to engineering.
High Level Responsibilities
- Collaborate in design ideation and exploration
- Provide the design team with a technical perspective
- Assist researchers and accessibility specialists in facilitating research sessions with end users
- Build context specific prototypes determining appropriate technologies and deliverables for the unique needs of each project and it’s handoff requirements
- Encourage and facilitate rapid ideation and growth of designs and concepts via prototyping
- Deliver engaging prototypes using the latest front-end technologies available
Understands the Business of Pearson: The UX prototyper will be responsible for understanding the way their work fits into the overall strategy of Pearson and the business goals it represents.
Efficacy: Prototyping can and should be used in early stage product development and continuously throughout the lifetime of a product to help test and understand the efficacy and usability of products.
Collaboration: Prototyping and UX are geographically distributed teams, and as such the prototyper will be required to work across the organization, participating in and facilitating team work and group collaboration.
Learner-Obsessed: The prototyper will be, at heart, working for the learner. Each and every person at Pearson is tasked with doggedly pursuing the best interest of each and every learner. Increasing the outcomes and helping people make progress in their lives should be at the core of every task.
Digital Change Maker: Prototyping is all about change making. The whole team is responsible for driving forward the digital transformation and helping Pearson to become a 21st century content and assessment company.
Deliver prototypes, production-ready front-end code, HTML/CSS assets as required on a per-project basis. Work with design to iteratively investigate design problems and craft solutions that fit project requirements. Create accessible and engaging interactions for world-class products.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Proficient in various prototyping tools (InVision, paper, Proto.io, etc…)
- Expert competency in HTML, CSS and semantic markup
- Strong in cross-browser and mobile JS and CSS complexities and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of accessibility requirements and methods for implementation
- Understanding of the fundamentals of software development, including best practices and OOD design patterns
- Knowledge of ePub 3 development
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap or other UI frameworks
- Experience with CSS pre-compiler, like LESS or SASS
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet multiple, tight deadlines
- Ability to interpret the core purpose of a design and translate to user interface
- Self-directed and collaborative team player
- Able to work remotely and in a largely self-directed environment
Additional Valuable Qualifications
- AJAX development experience
- Experience with Web Components
- Mobile application development (Objective C, Java, Swift)
- Experience with server-side development a plus (nodeJS, Redis, SQL, MongoDB or other)
: US-MA-Boston, US-RE-Remote
US-CO-Centennial-2154 East Commons
2154 East Commons Avenue
: Product Management
: Global Product
: Regular Employee
: Individual Contributor
: Day Job
: May 3, 2019
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Kelly Services® is seeking a motivated, hardworking individual to work as a VP Enterprise Sales for a dynamic and rapidly growing company in Centennial, CO. The successful candidate will be a...