Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
The User Researcher is responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, analyzing, and socializing user research and user validation activities for our workforce management software applications. The User Researcher works closely with Visual & Interaction Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers on behalf of end users to define the user experience and to ensure the delivery of customer-accepted web and mobile applications.
The User Researcher will be a seasoned, experienced professional who has a full understanding of industry practices and will embrace, and improve, UX procedures. In this role, you will be expected to demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques to answer design questions; resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative yet practical ways; have a strong competence with various tools and procedures that may help accomplish a job; eloquently articulate user needs and feedback; proactively challenge design ideas, techniques, and processes; interact with senior internal and external personnel; work independently and collaboratively; receive little instruction on day-to-day work.
Responsibilities may include:
- Plan, design, conduct, and analyze learnings from interviews, field studies, and usability tests
- Generate user personas and user scenarios
- Conduct heuristic evaluations
- Help define project approach and user experience strategy
- Suggest product direction based on user findings and functional requirements
- Work with interaction designers to define concepts and user workflows
- Work with visual designers to refine the experience and designs consistent with Kronos style guide
- Develop prototypes ranging from paper-and-pencil concepts to clickthrough models
- Work closely with developers to review implementation and improve the final product
- Facilitate project communication across a multi-disciplinary team throughout all phases of a project
- Enhance research methods and practices of the team
- Analyze and mine quantitative data for customer trends
- Socialize the value of and learnings from user research
• MS/BS/BA degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors or Sociology or related discipline or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of related work experience
• Experience gathering user requirements, conducting field studies, usability testing, and questionnaire/survey design all using variety of research methods ranging from exploratory (contextual inquiry, ethnography, interviews) to user interface/design research
• Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, strong communication skills; and the ability to quickly prioritize tasks
• Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
• Must communicate clearly and effectively; strong analytical and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; a self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Help Help Duties Summary This position is located within the Engineering Service at the Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital (Bedford VA) in Bedford, MA. The Engineering Technician...
Job Id E1976633 Job Title Wireless Modem ASIC Design Engineer Post Date 09/19/2019 Company Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Job Area Engineering - Hardware Location Massachusetts - Boxborough Job...
This position is located in our Lexington, MA headquarters. We seek a Quality Engineer to join us in creating and testing our next generation of robotic systems. The successful candidate will be...
This position is located in our Lexington, MA headquarters. Berkshire Grey is seeking a Software Engineer with a specialization in full stack web development. The candidate would be responsible...
Job Id E1976013 Job Title Graphics Software Engineer - Boxborough Post Date 08/28/2019 Company Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Job Area Engineering - Software Location Massachusetts - Boxborough Job...
This position is located in our Lexington, MA headquarters. Software Engineers work collaboratively within the software team and across all engineering functions. The role is responsible for...
Help Help Duties Summary This position is located within the Engineering Service at the Edith...
Job Id E1976633 Job Title Wireless Modem ASIC Design Engineer Post...
This position is located in our Lexington, MA headquarters. We seek a Quality Engineer to join...
This position is located in our Lexington, MA headquarters. Berkshire Grey is seeking a Software...
Job Id E1976013 Job Title Graphics Software Engineer - Boxborough Post...
This position is located in our Lexington, MA headquarters. Software Engineers work...