Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
The User Researcher is responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, analyzing, and socializing user research and user validation activities for our workforce management software applications. The User Researcher works closely with Visual & Interaction Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers on behalf of end users to define the user experience and to ensure the delivery of customer-accepted web and mobile applications.
The User Researcher will be a seasoned, experienced professional who has a full understanding of industry practices and will embrace, and improve, UX procedures. In this role, you will be expected to demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques to answer design questions; resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative yet practical ways; have a strong competence with various tools and procedures that may help accomplish a job; eloquently articulate user needs and feedback; proactively challenge design ideas, techniques, and processes; interact with senior internal and external personnel; work independently and collaboratively; receive little instruction on day-to-day work.
Responsibilities may include:
- Plan, design, conduct, and analyze learnings from interviews, field studies, and usability tests
- Generate user personas and user scenarios
- Conduct heuristic evaluations
- Help define project approach and user experience strategy
- Suggest product direction based on user findings and functional requirements
- Work with interaction designers to define concepts and user workflows
- Work with visual designers to refine the experience and designs consistent with Kronos style guide
- Develop prototypes ranging from paper-and-pencil concepts to clickthrough models
- Work closely with developers to review implementation and improve the final product
- Facilitate project communication across a multi-disciplinary team throughout all phases of a project
- Enhance research methods and practices of the team
- Analyze and mine quantitative data for customer trends
- Socialize the value of and learnings from user research
• MS/BS/BA degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors or Sociology or related discipline or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of related work experience
• Experience gathering user requirements, conducting field studies, usability testing, and questionnaire/survey design all using variety of research methods ranging from exploratory (contextual inquiry, ethnography, interviews) to user interface/design research
• Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, strong communication skills; and the ability to quickly prioritize tasks
• Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
• Must communicate clearly and effectively; strong analytical and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; a self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
About Enanta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ABOUT ENANTA:Enanta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a publicly-traded (ENTA) research and development biotech focused on creating small molecule drugs for viral...
Req ID: 94415 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking...
Req ID: 94240 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking...
Lynnfield Middle School ( learn more ) Lynnfield Public Schools Lynnfield, Massachusetts ( map ) Job Details Job ID: 3284375 Application Deadline: June 6, 2020 Posted : May 27, 2020 Starting...
I have an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with one of the industry leaders in Semiconductor/Capital Equipment manufacturing. This client is growing rapidly for 2020 and have some great plans in...
JOB DESCRIPTION We are seeking a Roboticist. The candidate would be responsible for designing, implementing and researching robotics topics to solve, machine learning, computer vision, robot...
About Enanta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ABOUT ENANTA:Enanta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a...
Req ID: 94415 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Req ID: 94240 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Lynnfield Middle School ( learn more ) Lynnfield Public...
I have an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with one of the industry leaders in...
JOB DESCRIPTION We are seeking a Roboticist. The candidate would be responsible for designing,...