Cherokee Hospital for Animals in Johnson City, TN is seeking an Associate Veterinarian that values client relationships and enjoys a collaborative culture!
Why Cherokee Hospital for Animals?
We are under new leadership and are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care and health-related educational opportunities for clients. We place high value on integrity and seek someone who is able to deliver exceptional service to our employees, clients and their pets with a friendly, compassionate and positive presence. We are a full-service AAHA accredited, multi doctor practice located in Johnson City, TN. Our hospital has a fun, family-like atmosphere that offers a lot of flexibility, freedom and growth potential. We encourage our people to grow, both personally and professionally, and support them in those endeavors.
Our team wants you to know...
"We are always working together to provide great care, but also to maintain a fun work environment. Our team gets along so well, which makes even the hardest of days a bit less stressful."
Who are we looking for?
Not only do you love dogs and cats, but you are enthusiastic about surgery and have the basics (spay, neuter, dentistry, tumor removals, etc.) covered. You are focused on providing excellent client communication and are committed to delivering the best possible care to the animals of our community. Only considering applicants with over 3 years experience and proficient in surgery.
Opportunity for Ownership
As part of our commitment to ensuring veterinary ownership in a changing landscape, our new associate has the opportunity to become an owner within the first two years of employment.
- State Veterinary Board License must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, prior to their start date.
- Flexible work schedule, with availability to work some Saturdays
- Ability to work alone with a support staff
- 3+ years experience in general practice and proficient in surgery
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive base salary + production
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits (30 hours or more)
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- We’ll cover dues, license fees, and AVMA PLIT