Vice President, Financial Services and Technology
at C Space (View all jobs)
Do you believe in helping companies be more human? More empathetic? More inspired? More relevant to the people they’re trying to serve? Are you as passionate about solving business problems as you are about solving consumers’ problems – and love when they intersect? If you’re eager to make a big impact in a high-growth area of a client-centric agency that serves some of the world’s biggest brands as partners in leveraging the power of customers, this role could be for you.
C Space is a customer agency. Our mission is to make business more human. We create rapid insight and business change by solving problems from the customer’s perspective for 200+ of the world’s best-known brands. Our promise to our clients is ‘Customer Inspired Growth’ and to be effective at this we need to combine art AND science, human stories AND robust data to build confidence and unlock insights. We also need to push boundaries past the status quo and do things differently. That’s why your impact in this role will be so critical to our success.
As Vice President and Sector Lead for Financial Services and Technology, responsible for $20+ million of revenue, you will play a significant leadership role in transforming C Space into a true Customer Agency. This team includes some of our most innovative, forward-thinking clients, others that are ripe for transformation, and many which we have historically struggled to transform.
This role is about leading our clients and leading our people. You will:
- Be accountable for leading, growing and transforming the sector, in San Francisco, New York and Boston, alongside a team who are motivated to help you grow the sector
- Build relationships with new buyers with new needs within existing client accounts, introducing them to the full suite of C Space products and services
- Lead and inspire the people on your team who are responsible for retaining and expanding business with existing buyers
- Inform the overall growth strategy for your sector, including working with the Sales Team to inform the net new growth strategy (e.g. identifying new brands that you would like to add to your Sector)
- Actively lead several key clients, supporting Account Leads and their team to evolve the relationships and work with current buyers to inspire change, identify needs to land new briefs, build solutions, and get introductions to new buyers (these accounts may be episodic or ongoing)
- Work closely with your Leadership Team to guide talent development and shape the culture of your sector team to empower and engage the people on your team
- Contribute to the development and positioning of our POV on the Sector (e.g. contributing to thought leadership, working with the marketing agency, building a presence on social media)
- Communicate and celebrate successes that move us towards our vision
- Inspire people to think and work differently
Who are we looking for?
Desired background and experience:
- Minimum 10+ years of professional experience in Consulting, Innovation, Marketing, Brand Strategy, Account Planning, Consumer Insights, or Brand Management. Strong agency experience preferred
- You excel at building and growing client relationships
- You know that collaboration is key and have a natural ability to work effectively with people across the business
- Have an impressive track record of breaking down walls and helping companies transform
- You are passionate about our vision as a Customer Agency, and ready to roll up your sleeves to help lead the evolution
- You have a successful track record working with Financial Services & Technology clients
- You have a keen ability to inspire others to follow your lead through good and bad times
- You’re an ambassador of our values; living and breathing them every day
- You lead with confidence through times of change and ambiguity, making bold decisions and exercising good judgement
There’s no such thing as a typical C Spacer. What C Spacers thrive on is a growth mindset. We’re a growing, always-changing business, often reinventing ourselves to keep pace with the fast-changing world of our clients. So we’re looking for people who are excited about change and who challenge the status quo. We need people who share our passion for the role customers can play in solving business problems - people who want to disrupt the way things traditionally have been done.
We’re focused on building a learning culture where it’s safe to experiment, take risks and do things differently. That means we need people who aren’t afraid to speak up and share an alternative perspective yet are humble and self-aware enough to admit they don’t know everything. Collaborators, self-starters, creative problem-solvers.
We’re always challenging ourselves to be better, more human, more impactful. 20 years since launch, we still think of our business as a ‘work in progress’ where we’re focused on getting better every day. If you share that philosophy when you think about your own personal development, we might be a good match.
About C Space
We are passionate about our people and proud of our culture. We co-created a set of values to ensure that we are delivering fantastic work, continuing to learn and building a high-performance culture which creates opportunities for those who work here:
- I’ve got this: making things happen, doing what we say we will
- Only accept awesome: challenging ourselves to raise the bar, taking pride in the work we do
- Show the love: making space to celebrate success, thinking about how I show up and my impact on others
- Do what scares you: challenging ourselves, taking risks and learning more
- Tell it like it is: caring enough to provide great feedback, having the courage to speak up
- Open up and listen: listening first and fully before we respond or react
- Find what fascinates: embracing alternative perspectives and new ways of doing things
- We before me: acting in the best interests of my team and clients and recognizing that I need to take care of myself if I’m to do this effectively
- Leave your mark: creating lasting impact on our clients, the people we work with and our business
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive business and we welcome applications from people from varied backgrounds and walks of life – talented, creative people with their own voice, ideas and perspectives. So if you think you have the right skills and mindset for this position, whether through education, work or life experience, please apply.
Headquartered in Boston, C Space also has offices in London, New York and San Francisco. To learn more, visit www.cspace.com or follow us on Twitter @CSpaceGlobal or Instagram @c_spaceglobal. C Space is a part of DDB, a division of Omnicom Group Inc.
Apply for this Job
Drop files here
Attach Dropbox Paste
Drop files here
Attach Dropbox Paste
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at C Space are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Race & Ethnicity Definitions
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1 . To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1 Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp .
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
JOB TITLE: Kenny Elementary School After School Enrichment Staff REPORTS TO: [Director of After School Programs] POSITION OVERVIEW: Who We Are Seeking: The Kenny Elementary School is seeking...
Paraprofessional [SpEd Sub/Sep. Aide, SpEd Autistic Programs]- [King K-8](Anticipated Vacancy) (SY19-20), Boston Public Schools, 3 monthsThis position is an anticipated vacancy. It is expected to be vacant by 1/10/2020. However, the current incumbent has a right to rescind their retirement, leave, or resignation up until the day of...
Paraprofessional [Sped Sub/Sep. Aide SPED inclusion Programs, K2] [Mendell](Anticipated Vacancy) (SY19-20), Boston Public Schools, about 2 monthsThis position is an anticipated vacancy. It is expected to be vacant by 2/24/2020. However, the current incumbent has a right to rescind their retirement, leave, or resignation up until the day of...
Paraprofessional [General Education, Grade 2] - [Mather] - [SY19-20], Boston Public Schools, about 2 monthsJob Title: Paraprofessional Reports to: Principal/Headmaster POSITION TITLE: Turnaround: Paraprofessional – General Ed, Grade 2 REPORTS TO: Principal The Dever Elementary School is seeking...
Behavioral Support Paraprofessional Long Term Substitute March - June 2020, Arlington Public Schools, about 2 monthsPostings > Details BEHAVIORAL SUPPORT PARAPROFESSIONAL LONG TERM SUBSTITUTE MARCH - JUNE 2020 Thompson Arlington Public Schools Arlington, Massachusetts Apply for this job! Tell a friend ...
Behavioral Support Paraprofessional Long Term Substitute March - June 2020, Arlington Public Schools, about 2 monthsPostings > Details BEHAVIORAL SUPPORT PARAPROFESSIONAL LONG TERM SUBSTITUTE MARCH - JUNE 2020 Brackett Arlington Public Schools Arlington, Massachusetts Apply for this job! Tell a friend ...
JOB TITLE: Kenny Elementary School After School Enrichment Staff REPORTS TO: [Director of After...
Paraprofessional [SpEd Sub/Sep. Aide, SpEd Autistic Programs]- [King K-8](Anticipated Vacancy) (SY19-20), Boston Public Schools, 3 monthsThis position is an anticipated vacancy. It is expected to be vacant by 1/10/2020. However, the...
Paraprofessional [Sped Sub/Sep. Aide SPED inclusion Programs, K2] [Mendell](Anticipated Vacancy) (SY19-20), Boston Public Schools, about 2 monthsThis position is an anticipated vacancy. It is expected to be vacant by 2/24/2020. However, the...
Paraprofessional [General Education, Grade 2] - [Mather] - [SY19-20], Boston Public Schools, about 2 monthsJob Title: Paraprofessional Reports to: Principal/Headmaster POSITION TITLE: Turnaround:...
Behavioral Support Paraprofessional Long Term Substitute March - June 2020, Arlington Public Schools, about 2 monthsPostings > Details BEHAVIORAL SUPPORT PARAPROFESSIONAL LONG TERM SUBSTITUTE MARCH - JUNE...
Postings > Details BEHAVIORAL SUPPORT PARAPROFESSIONAL LONG TERM SUBSTITUTE MARCH - JUNE...