Vice President Software Development - (18008231)
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
• Experience in building and delivering products that have scaled
• Excellent Java development experience and willingness to participate in code reviews and code every week
• Passion for clean code and a no tolerance leadership style for "Cruft and Slop"
• Ability to ensure development workflow is streamlined and optimized for CI/CD that enable high quality and frequent releases
• Must maintain frequent releases that are capable of being shipped daily, if needed
• Collaborate with General Manager, Product Management, User Experience, and Engineering to drive solution design for new application offerings; focused on client satisfaction and sustainable growth
• Foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement; contribute to on-going education initiatives; engage in R&D activity to identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
• Champion test-driven development with a focus on code quality, system maintainability, and continuous delivery
• Mentor junior team members and help them move into new and expanding roles; assist with hiring and onboarding new team members
• Work with internal and external customers to define, prioritize and schedule requirements and features for overall product strategy and roadmap
• Lead teams in completion of specific, targeted objectives
• Manage business and process improvement through the creation of metrics, providing insights and baselines to product development, throughput and quality; includes identification and implementation of measurement points for statistical/metric generation
• Ensure that system improvements are successfully implemented & monitored to increase efficiency
• Ensure Engineering team complies with corporate open source policies
• Acquire business knowledge (e.g., how the business works, processes & operations), specifically for (Outpatient) Healthcare domain workflows and Medical Terminology
• High understanding of customer workflow & usage of McKesson Specialty Health products
• Maintain visibility to and manage backlog of customer reported issues, severity and prioritization, using as input for QA enhancements (testing processes and methods) and product roadmap
• Promote a culture of innovation and cross-team collaboration
8+ years’ experience in software engineering, system implementation and/or software design and architecture
10+ years’ experience working in healthcare or similar regulated field managing software applications and Engineering teams
• Manage and lead large projects and teams
• 10 + years of Java software development experience
• Ability to create and maintain a zero-defect software development culture
• Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) methodology
• 8+ years’ experience management experience
• Passion for high quality software products
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
2. Preferred: MS or PhD in Computer Science
3. Optional: Masters Business Administration (MBA)
• General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
: United States-California-San Francisco
: McKesson Specialty Health
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Oct 1, 2018
EDUCATION Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Health Services Administration, Computer/Information Science, clinical or a healthcare related field preferred. Post graduate...
Operations Architect, Site Reliability Engineer 19WD32571 Americas-United States of America-California-San Francisco Operations Architect, Site Reliability Engineer Location: San Francisco, CA-...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation...
Vice President Software Engineering - (1905106) Description At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures...
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek...
Director, HR Technology - 19001J6 Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future...
EDUCATION Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Health Services...
Operations Architect, Site Reliability Engineer 19WD32571 Americas-United States of...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants...
Vice President Software Engineering - (1905106) Description At Pearson, we’re committed to a...
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and...
Director, HR Technology - 19001J6 Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches...