Position at Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Controller “Controller” will be a senior member of the executive leadership team and serve as a trusted partner to the CFO. He/ she oversees a global organization of approximately 100+ professionals and is responsible for External Reporting, Corporate Accounting, Compliance, Global Business Process improvement and Financial Reporting Systems. The Controller also provides financial support, analysis, and advice to the CFO, CEO and others in the executive management team. He/she is responsible for all public filings and oversees all accounting policy and procedures, as well as the development and maintenance of Sarbanes Oxley compliance surrounding financial reporting for the company.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure that financial records are maintained in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations, as well as IFRS and PRC GAAP, including ensuring compliance with all SEC, FASB and other technical guidance
- Ensure that all financial controls are properly documented, and procedures are in place to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley 404
- Oversee the monthly global consolidation process and financial close process
- Oversee all public filings, preparation of annual and quarterly reports to, and providing information for communication to the banking community
- Coordinate the external audit and work of outside auditors
- Prepare and present reports to the Audit Committee on various matters relating to this position’s responsibilities
- Oversee global consolidation procedures
- Develop and maintain financial accounting procedures that are aligned with and support global operating decisions
- Assist the regions globally and functional areas in resolving accounting questions and issues
- Provide support for alternate reporting structures such as lines of business
- Coordinate with other Finance functions (Tax, Treasury, Business Development, FP&A, and Internal Audit) supporting projects and common objectives
Financial Reporting Systems
- Oversee ongoing management and upgrades of key financial applications
- Oversee the global rollout of key financial applications
- Provide functional leadership and direction to the global operations, business units and divisions and accounting personnel in field offices throughout the world
- Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures
- Lead multiple projects for the Chief Financial Officer under tight time constraints
The Controller will have at least 10 years of hands-on experience in roles of increasing responsibility within accounting, reporting and controls. The successful candidate will have solid foundational public accounting and subsequent public company experience. He/she must be comfortable operating in a dynamic and complex global environment, with a demonstrated ability to add value to such a business. All candidates will have an undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance/Business and a CPA certification is required. An MBA or other relevant advanced degree is highly desirable.
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
Financial and Accounting Acumen
- Strong technical accounting skills with a proven ability to apply accounting rules in the context of, and in support of, business decision-making
- Exposure to Hyperion Financial Management Accounting Systems and similar consolidation tools
- Familiarity with account reconciliation, close management and other financial and accounting related software
- Excellent knowledge of and experience in SEC reporting requirements, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, proxies,
- Exposure to IFRS requirements
- Significant knowledge of, and experience with, administration of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Experience overseeing the accounting operations of business units located abroad; experience working abroad a plus
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and business line reporting and cost control & allocation principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting/consolidation reporting systems
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets and business unit profitability analysis
- Experience with presentation preparation for Board of Directors
- Work with global publicly traded companies that have undergone change and expansion in response to global business opportunities
- Strong negotiation capabilities
- Superior oral and written communication skills accompanied by good listening skills
The right candidate has a track record of building, motivating, developing and energizing a high- performing finance team. He/she will possess highly developed leadership and management skills that work effectively in a fast-paced, hands-on, dynamic environment. A successful candidate has a proven ability to direct and coordinate the work of team members under intense time pressures, completing high quality work within established timeframes. Possessing strong organizational skills, a successful candidate is able to effectively manage multiple processes, projects and priorities with the ability to easily shift center of focus from one task to another.
Collaboration and Influencing
The right candidate has demonstrated the ability to accomplish goals by leveraging partnerships built on mutual trust, fairness, and honesty. He/she must be able to work alongside his/her counterparts across the organization to solve complex business problems and shape the future organization. He/she must have the presence to build and shape a high-integrity culture. He/she will have clearly demonstrated the ability to influence and work closely with personnel at various levels of an organization.
The Controller will be a strong right hand to the CFO, but must also be able to work autonomously. A successful candidate has the demonstrated ability to add strategic value to the company as well as become accepted as a credible finance executive who brings valuable insights and recommendations. He/she can think conceptually, flexibly and strategically while making decisions based on logical assumptions and factual information. The ideal candidate has outstanding technical business acumen and judgment necessary for proper management of the analytics and metrics required to achieve objectives. He/she has the proven ability to be a change agent within a matrix organization.
Join us in our continuous quest to grow a diverse and extraordinarily innovative team!
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law
FOUNDED IN 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a vertically-integrated real estate and mortgage company with four business divisions: Asset Management, Mortgage...
Applications Engineer(Power / Transmission) You will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical) but a Master’s Degree is preferred, and a minimum of 5 years...
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we...
Req ID: 86942 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s...
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Temp Animation Editor for its Blizzard Video team. Blizzard Video is the internal creative video and post-production arm of the Story & Franchise...
FOUNDED IN 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a vertically-integrated financial services company that covers virtually every aspect of the single family...
FOUNDED IN 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a...
Applications Engineer(Power / Transmission) You will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering...
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are...
Req ID: 86942 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is...
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Temp Animation Editor for its Blizzard Video...
FOUNDED IN 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a...