This position serves as a dynamic and innovative member of the Care Delivery Leadership Team responsible for working closely with internal and external leaders to build an exemplary continuum of care and member experience. Partner with the Service Area Medical Director to provide strategic and administrative leadership for physicians, administrators, manager and staff delivering health care services within their defined geographical area, and integrating and optimizing care across the care continuum. Primary accountability is implementation of Kaiser Permanente strategies, including promotion of clinical integration model, for assigned market, with the result being improved financial, growth and quality performance. Foster a culture of exceptional commitment to cost effective member care, customer service and satisfaction, team development and cooperation, professionalism, innovation, personal responsibility and accountability, financial performance and ethical and compliant behavior.Manage performance and deliver on the annual goals by establishing clear objectives, effective communication, aligning resources with priorities, implementing appropriate performance measures and metrics, and making informed decisions. Collaborate directly with the Medical Directors over assigned clinical programs to implement appropriate standards of care and service delivery models. Maintain full responsibility of the overall function of the financial service areas and cost centers, adhering to financial and accounting procedures and manage expenditures is a fiscally responsible manner. Partner with leaders across the enterprise to develop and implement a market-specific strategic plan, resulting in improved performance and promote the value we deliver. Build on a foundation of health information technology and data to drive achievement of clinical and financial targets. Represent Kaiser Permanente in the local community and foster positive and creative relationships with potentialpartners who want to share accountability and drive for results that serve our members, move our business forward and advance our brand and reputation.
- Strategic Direction: Leads the development and timely execution of service area strategies that contribute to achieving the mission, vision and business plan of Kaiser Permanente and the Group Practice Division. Leads the development, delivery and management of designated services to achieve breakthrough performance.
- Manage strategies directed toward reducing medical expenses trends and other organizational goals. Contribute to policy development, clinical operations, network development, physician performance, and workplace environment. Represent Kaiser Permanente, with an emphasis on integrated delivery system to local community. Collaborate with local and organizational divisional leadership.
- Business Development: Identify and evaluate opportunities to grow enrollment, improve cost, quality, access, and service performance in the assigned market. Develop and maintain relationships with provider groups, hospitals, purchasers and key policymakers in the local market.
- New Business Provide oversight for modeling, design, planning and implementation of clinical integration programs. Key part of team that explores opportunities, joint ventures, and innovations with provider groups that support the organization-s strategic plan and growth strategies.
- Business & Performance Improvement: Lead complex intra- and inter-divisional change management and improvement efforts associated with access, service, clinical quality and safety, staff engagement, practice efficiency and affordability goals. Develop and engage in intra- and interdivisional initiatives that promote organizational alignment and improve organizational performance. Lead implementation of rigorous metrics that are used to monitor results and predict trends. Set market-leading targets for access, service and clinical quality. Monitor performance and initiate improvements to achieve or exceed targets.
- Communicate and advise leadership on operations issues. Enhance the quality of service and clinical care provided by the integrated delivery system; work with Group Practice leadership to improve primary care and specialty practitioner relationships and communication.
- Operational Excellence: Allocate and expend resources in the service area to align with the organization-s strategic initiatives and business plan; ensure strategic deployment of capital resources within the subdivision. Manage resources to ensure optimal Service Area performance. With the Service Area Medical Director, lead and oversee the effective development, delivery and management of designated member care services. Define and assure the achievement of access, service, clinical quality and safety, staff engagement, practice efficiency and affordability goals aligned with the organization-s vision andbusiness plan.
- Staff Engagement: Develops, lead and supports subdivision leaders and managers who are able to achieve Kaiser Permanente-s business objectives, while optimally utilizing human and financial resources.
- Promotes and reinforces a leadership culture and values that support achievement of Kaiser Permanente-s mission and vision by working effectively across operating divisions. Assesses, develops, and strengthens the talent and customer-focus of managers and staff. Develops and nurtures management structures, systems and processes which enable highly functional managers and teams to engage staff in achieving Kaiser Permanente-s goals.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively relevant clinical and health care management experience.
- MHA, MBA or MPA or masters level training with health care experience
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience managing clinical services.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and track record of generating revenue, systems thinker and creative problem solver, innovative, financial and business acumen.
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems, clinical care and services, and associated regulatory requirements. Knowledge of health maintenance organizations, managed care environments and modern health care management in an integrated health care delivery system.
- Ability to identify and meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrated skills in financial management; ability to go -beyond the numbers- in determining a care delivery systems business practices, cost-reduction and productivity strategies.
- Record of positive relationships with providers, managers and staff that strengthen engagement, quality and service; ability to select and develop effective managers.
- Demonstrated ability to constructively challenge established ways of doing things to lead improvement and change.
- Ability to communicate effectively within a large, complex, diverse organization.
- Documented record as an effective collaborator who achieves divisional goals while helping others to accomplish organization goals.
- Demonstrates through work examples required Core Competencies.
Market Access Officer, Diagnostics Tracking Code 10607 Job Description PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses,...
Req ID: 125419 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Req ID: 123145 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Accounting Manager · Critical Thinking · Deductive Reasoning · Number Facility · Complex Problem Solving · Managing Ambiguity · Flexibility · Managing Multiple Priorities and Deadlines DIRECTOR OF...
Associate Veterinarian at Aerowood Animal Hospital in Bellevue, Washington, Aerowood Animal Hospital, 28 daysAerowood Animal Hospital is currently looking for a full time associate veterinarian to join our team. Aerowood Animal Hospital is a well-established, full-service, 24/7 small animal veterinary...
Sr. Electrical Engineer (ID# 48176) Federal Way, WA Category: Electrical Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in...
Market Access Officer, Diagnostics Tracking Code 10607 Job Description PATH is a global...
Req ID: 125419 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Req ID: 123145 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Accounting Manager · Critical Thinking · Deductive Reasoning · Number Facility · Complex Problem...
Associate Veterinarian at Aerowood Animal Hospital in Bellevue, Washington, Aerowood Animal Hospital, 28 daysAerowood Animal Hospital is currently looking for a full time associate veterinarian to join our...
Sr. Electrical Engineer (ID# 48176) Federal Way, WA Category: Electrical Engineering Job...