Wire Welder - Forest City, NC
376 Pine St
Forest City, North Carolina, 28043
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Forest City Merchandising Displays, Permanent
WIRE WELDERS 2nd and 3rd shifts – Forest City, NC
Start Range $16-$18
The Wire Welder is responsible for the set-up and overall operation of the Wire Welder and the quality of the work produced.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Pull correct jig and order parts needed for specific job during set up process
- Make all necessary adjustments to the mig welder per job specifications
- Run a single part to check for accuracy before running complete shop order
- Make adjustments to the machine, if necessary
- Frequently match the parts to the prints
- Process parts and off bear to proper container
- Complete proper ID tags with shop order number, part number, quantity and operation number
- Remove Jigs for next order
- Must be able to maintain the required adjusted average efficiency
- Use of proper Personal Protective Equipment required for machine/department
- Maintains assigned work areas in a clean and orderly fashion
- Operate forklift, as necessary
- Responsible for housekeeping around the machine area
- Performs other duties, as assigned
High school diploma or GED minimum, MIG Welding Experience
Ability to read and interpret blueprints
Ability to use measuring tools, such as calipers, tape measure, angle gauges, etc.
Welding experience certification and/or experience required
Experience welding in a production manufacturing environment preferred
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.